The 12-member Youth Advisory Council advises the Princeton Mayor and Council on issues of interest to youth in the community. There are four positions open on the YAC for the 2017-18 academic year.
YOUTH ADVISORY COMMITTEE DUTIES
• Report to the Mayor and Council annually on youth needs and priorities;
• Remain informed on the programs and services designated to meet the needs of Princeton youth;
• Research and formulate proposed policies, programs, and services designated to meet the needs of Princeton youth;
• Identify, review, and evaluate requests received by the municipality pertaining to its youth-related policies and services
• Establish and maintain relationships with Youth Commissions in other towns and/or youth-related agencies; and
• Represent the municipality of Princeton when requested to do so.
ALL APPLICATIONS ARE DUE ON APRIL 29, 2017
Eligibility: Applicants must be residents of the municipality of Princeton and must be high school sophomores during the 2017-2018 academic year. Every effort will be made to appoint a diverse group of students and to evenly distribute appointments geographically. Once appointed, commissioners are expected to serve through the end of their senior year, unless they move or otherwise become ineligible.
Meeting Dates: The YAC will meet on the 4th Tuesday of the month, September through June, from 7-9 p.m. at Witherspoon Hall, 400 Witherspoon Street. Commissioners are expected to attend all meetings, and participate in other Youth Advisory Committee activities.
This application works best using the Google Chrome web browser. If possible please do so to avoid any problems or delays.