What is the Extra Assistance Registry?
The Extra Assistance Registry is a voluntary program to help emergency responders better serve residents who find it difficult to help themselves in the event of a major disaster or extreme weather events, such as a hurricane or heatwave.
You should register if you…
● Live alone & will need assistance during an emergency
● Have a hearing or visual impairment, or other physical or cognitive limitation
● Require mobility assistance, a service animal or other help to get around
● Rely on supplemental oxygen or refrigerated medication
● Have limited English language skills
If any of the above make it difficult for you to manage on your own, or reach family or friends during an extreme weather event, then you should register. A family member or friend may also register you on your behalf.
Who will see this information and how will it be used?
The information you provide to the registry is confidential and will be used only for emergency planning and response. It will not be made available to the public or shared with federal agencies.
The Municipality may also send you notifications or updates about weather events and preparedness strategies. If you need assistance completing this online form, please contact Princeton Human Services at 609-688-2055 or 1 Monument Drive. If you would like to print and submit a paper copy of the form, you can download and print here and drop it off at the Department of Emergency and Safety Services at 1 Monument Drive.
● The first line of defense against the effects of a disaster is personal preparedness. During an emergency, the government and other agencies may not be able to meet your needs. It is important for all citizens to make their own emergency plans and prepare for their own care and safety in an emergency. Registering with the Extra Assistance Registry is not a guarantee that emergency officials will be able to assist you in an emergency.
● The Extra Assistance Registry is for residents living in the Municipality of Princeton. You may have a Princeton address but reside in a neighboring municipality. Check the Municipal Map to determine if you live within the jurisdiction of Princeton.